Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sobre que es 'El Super-Pancho Armario?/ What is ‘Super hot-dog closet' all about?

My closet is made from cardboard and vegetable -crates that I found on the street.
It is meant to last as a functional object for a specific time and place.
It is collapsible, portable, and in some ways, meant to fall apart.

Painted in brightly colored ‘panchos’ dancing in rain or shine, space or time- it glimmers in aspiration. My clothes are made of paper, fotocopied and painted. “Re trucha”….something like “so cheap”.

The symbols are painfully stupid and absolutely honest, which is why I love them.

Tranqui Yanqui’s role is transient and ironic. As an artist and a kind-of vendor, I wonder about my right to be here, which means there. My right to sell or display my art, and the most fitting place to do that are what drive my wandering.
Amongst the stream of Argentines in transit, there is an African man selling faux jewelry, and next to him a small Paraguayan woman selling scarves and gloves. I am the North American next to her, pawning off an image of myself.

You don’t have to participate, but you might feel compelled to look.

Mi armario esta hecho de carton y unas cajitas de verdures que encontré en la calle.
Se significa para funcionar por un lugar especifico y un tiempo limitado.
Está plegable, portable, y en un sentido, se piensa para bajar aparte.

Unos panchos, pintados tan fuertes, bailando por el sol o la lluvia, espacio o tiempo- brilla tenuemente en aspiración. Mis ropas están hechos de papel, fotocopiados y pintados. “Re trucha”….como ‘so cheap’.

Los simbolos son tan tontosos y absolutamente honestos, que es la razón que los amo.

El rol de Tranqui Yanqui es transitorio y ironico. Como artista y un tipo de vendedor, me pregunto sobre mi derecho de estar acá, que signifa ahi. Mi derecho para vender o mostrar mi arte, y el lugar mas apropriado para hacerlo me conducen en este búsqueda.
Entre el rio de Argentinos in transíto, hay un Africano que esta vendiendo bijouterie trucho, y al su lado, una Paraguaya pequeña vendiendo bufandas y guantes. Yo soy el Norte Americano al lado de ella, empeñando de una imagen de mi.

Vos no tuve que participar, pero quizas te sentirás una obligación a mirar.

No comments: